Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
High Growth Yield of Single Multiwall Carbon Nanotube With Different Length Effect
- High Growth Yield of Single Multiwall Carbon Nanotube With Different Length Effect
- Im, J[Im, Jaehan]; Kim, S[Kim, Seunguk]; Shin, JH[Shin, Jeong Hee]; Choi, Y[Choi, Youngjin]; Cha, SN[Cha, Seung Nam]; Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]
- DGIST Authors
- Im, J[Im, Jaehan]; Kim, S[Kim, Seunguk]; Shin, JH[Shin, Jeong Hee]; Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 13(2), 316-321
- Article Type
- Aligned Single Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube (MWCNT); Carbon Nanotube (CNT); Carbon Nanotubes; Catalyst Size; Catalyst Size Effect; Catalysts; Growth Conditions; High Probability; Integration Density; Large Deviations; Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCN); Nano-Structured Materials; Nano-Structures; Nanostructure; Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition; Roughness of Substrates; Surface Roughness; Vertically Aligned
- Vertically aligned single multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) is quite an interesting nanostructure due to its high probability of nanodevice realization with an ultrahigh integration density. Although &~200 nm catalyst diameter size and plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD) method have been known as key parameters to grow a single MWCNT, the details and the phenomenon of below 200 nm catalyst size have not been studied or published well. Here, we report the details of catalyst size effect below 200 nm. One-hundred-nanometer diameter Ni catalyst on SiO2 layer shows 95% yield of single MWCNT growth. Surface roughness of substrate makes a large deviation in the yield and the critical catalyst size for single MWCNT. The various catalyst sizes result in the different growth rate of carbon nanotube (CNT) at the same growth condition. The change of diffusion surface area induces such a difference. From the results, single MWCNTs with various lengths are successfully grown on the same substrate by a one-step growth process. © 2014 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.