Cited 1 time in
Cited 3 time in
Smartphone-based multispectral imaging: system development and potential for mobile skin diagnosis
- Smartphone-based multispectral imaging: system development and potential for mobile skin diagnosis
- Kim, S[Kim, Sewoong]; Cho, D[Cho, Dongrae]; Kim, J[Kim, Jihun]; Kim, M[Kim, Manjae]; Youn, S[Youn, Sangyeon]; Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]; Je, M[Je, Minkyu]; Lee, DH[Lee, Dong Hun]; Lee, B[Lee, Boreom]; Farkas, DL[Farkas, Daniel L.]; Hwang, JY[Hwang, Jae Youn]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, S[Kim, Sewoong]; Kim, J[Kim, Jihun]; Kim, M[Kim, Manjae]; Youn, S[Youn, Sangyeon]; Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]; Hwang, JY[Hwang, Jae Youn]
- Issue Date
- Biomedical Optics Express, 7(12), 5294-5307
- Article Type
- After-Treatment; Dermatology; Diagnosis; Early Diagnosis; Health Care; Hyperspectral Imaging; Imaging Techniques; Multi-Spectral Imaging; Multi-Spectral Imaging Systems; Multispectral and Hyperspectral Imaging; Optical Imaging Technique; Quantitative Diagnosis; Signal Encoding; Smartphones; Spectroscopy; System Development
- We investigate the potential of mobile smartphone-based multispectral imaging for the quantitative diagnosis and management of skin lesions. Recently, various mobile devices such as a smartphone have emerged as healthcare tools. They have been applied for the early diagnosis of nonmalignant and malignant skin diseases. Particularly, when they are combined with an advanced optical imaging technique such as multispectral imaging and analysis, it would be beneficial for the early diagnosis of such skin diseases and for further quantitative prognosis monitoring after treatment at home. Thus, we demonstrate here the development of a smartphone-based multispectral imaging system with high portability and its potential for mobile skin diagnosis. The results suggest that smartphone-based multispectral imaging and analysis has great potential as a healthcare tool for quantitative mobile skin diagnosis. © 2016 Optical Society of America.
- OSA - The Optical Society
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.