Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
An Approach to Self-Assembling Swarm Robots Using Multitree Genetic Programming
- An Approach to Self-Assembling Swarm Robots Using Multitree Genetic Programming
- Lee, JH[Lee, Jong-Hyun]; Ahn, CW[Ahn, Chang Wook]; An, J[An, Jinung]
- DGIST Authors
- An, J[An, Jinung]
- Issue Date
- Scientific World Journal
- Article Type
- Algorithm; Algorithms; Artificial Intelligence; Biological Model; Chromosome; Computer Program; Computer System; Cooperation; Cooperative Behavior; Evaluation; Evolution; Gene Mutation; Genetic Analysis; Mathematical Analysis; Methodology; Models, Genetic; Motion; Oscillator; Productivity; Robotics; Self Assembling Swarm Robot
- In recent days, self-assembling swarm robots have been studied by a number of researchers due to their advantages such as high efficiency, stability, and scalability. However, there are still critical issues in applying them to practical problems in the real world. The main objective of this study is to develop a novel self-assembling swarm robot algorithm that overcomes the limitations of existing approaches. To this end, multitree genetic programming is newly designed to efficiently discover a set of patterns necessary to carry out the mission of the self-assembling swarm robots. The obtained patterns are then incorporated into their corresponding robot modules. The computational experiments prove the effectiveness of the proposed approach. © 2013 Jong-Hyun Lee et al.
- HINDAWI PUBLISHING CORP
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Wellness1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.