Cited 2 time in
Cited 4 time in
Wireless thin film transistor based on micro magnetic induction coupling antenna
- Wireless thin film transistor based on micro magnetic induction coupling antenna
- Jun, BO[Jun, Byoung Ok]; Lee, GJ[Lee, Gwang Jun]; Kang, JG[Kang, Jong Gu]; Kim, S[Kim, Seunguk]; Choi, JW[Choi, Ji-Woong]; Cha, SN[Cha, Seung Nam]; Sohn, JI[Sohn, Jung Inn]; Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]
- DGIST Authors
- Jun, BO[Jun, Byoung Ok]; Lee, GJ[Lee, Gwang Jun]; Kang, JG[Kang, Jong Gu]; Kim, S[Kim, Seunguk]; Choi, JW[Choi, Ji-Woong]; Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports, 5
- Article Type
- A wireless thin film transistor (TFT) structure in which a source/drain or a gate is connected directly to a micro antenna to receive or transmit signals or power can be an important building block, acting as an electrical switch, a rectifier or an amplifier, for various electronics as well as microelectronics, since it allows simple connection with other devices, unlike conventional wire connections. An amorphous indium gallium zinc oxide (α-IGZO) TFT with magnetic antenna structure was fabricated and studied for this purpose. To enhance the induction coupling efficiency while maintaining the same small antenna size, a magnetic core structure consisting of Ni and nanowires was formed under the antenna. With the micro-antenna connected to a source/drain or a gate of the TFT, working electrical signals were well controlled. The results demonstrated the device as an alternative solution to existing wire connections which cause a number of problems in various fields such as flexible/wearable devices, body implanted devices, micro/nano robots, and sensors for the 'internet of things' (IoT).
- Nature Publishing Group
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringCSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.