Cited 3 time in
Cited 6 time in
Two-Degree-of-Freedom Control of a Two-Link Manipulator in the Rotating Coordinate System
- Two-Degree-of-Freedom Control of a Two-Link Manipulator in the Rotating Coordinate System
- Oh, S[Oh, Sehoon]; Kong, K[Kong, Kyoungchul]
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, S[Oh, Sehoon]
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 62(9), 5598-5607
- Article Type
- Algorithms; Bi-Articular Muscle; Bi-Articular Muscles; Degrees of Freedom (Mechanics); Disturbance Observer; Dynamics; Flexible Manipulators; Kinematics; Manipulators; Muscle; Robotics; Rotating Coordinated Workspace; Two-Degree-of-Freedom Control; Two-Link Manipulator
- As applications and tasks of robotic manipulators become more diverse and complicated, the desired motions of the robots also become more sophisticated and complicated. In spite of this diversity of tasks, the coordinate system to describe the tasks has not been changed much; the conventional Cartesian coordinate system is still the most widely used coordinate system. It is found in this paper that the rotating coordinate system significantly simplifies the kinematics of a two-link robotic manipulator with the biarticular actuation coordination, which is inspired from human muscles that can generate torques at adjoining two joints simultaneously. Taking the advantage of this simple kinematic relationship by the rotating coordinate system and the biarticular actuator coordination, the dynamics of the two-link manipulator is analyzed, and a disturbance observer (DOB) is designed based on the derived dynamics to nominalize the actual dynamics and to reject undesired disturbances. The proposed DOB-based control algorithm can achieve better control performance in the rotating coordinate system, and comparative experiments verify the effectiveness of the proposed coordinate system and control methods. © 1982-2012 IEEE.
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Related Researcher
Oh, Se Hoon
MCL(Motion Control Lab)
Research on Human-friendly motion control; Development of human assistance;rehabilitation system; Design of robotic system based on human musculoskeletal system; Analysis of human walking dynamics and its application to robotics; 친인간적인 운동제어 설계연구; 인간 보조;재활 시스템의 설계 및 개발연구; 인간 근골격계에 기초한 로봇기구 개발연구; 보행운동 분석과 모델 및 로봇기구에의 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.