Cited 9 time in
Cited 9 time in
Upshift of Phase Transition Temperature in Nanostructured PbTiO3 Thick Film for High Temperature Applications
- Upshift of Phase Transition Temperature in Nanostructured PbTiO3 Thick Film for High Temperature Applications
- Ryu, J[Ryu, Jungho]; Han, G[Han, Guifang]; Song, TK[Song, Tae Kwon]; Welsh, A[Welsh, Aaron]; Trolier-McKinstry, S[Trolier-McKinstry, Susan]; Choi, H[Choi, Hongsoo]; Lee, JP[Lee, Jong-Pil]; Kim, JW[Kim, Jong-Woo]; Yoon, WH[Yoon, Woon-Ha]; Choi, JJ[Choi, Jong-Jin]; Park, DS[Park, Dong-Soo]; Ahn, CW[Ahn, Cheol-Woo]; Priya, S[Priya, Shashank]; Choi, SY[Choi, Si-Young]; Jeong, DY[Jeong, Dae-Yong]
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, H[Choi, Hongsoo]
- Issue Date
- ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 6(15), 11980-11987
- Article Type
- Aerosol Deposition; Calculations; Deposition; Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy; Ferroelectric Ceramics; Ferroelectric Characteristics; Ferroelectric Films; Ferroelectric Hysteresis Loop; Ferroelectric Transition Temperature; Ferroelectricity; First-Principles Calculation; High Temperature; High Temperature Applications; PbTiO3; Piezoelectric; Piezoelectricity; Respiratory Mechanics; Temperature; Thick Film; Thick Films
- Thick polycrystalline pure PbTiO3 films with nano size grains were synthesized for the first time by aerosol deposition. Annealed 7 μm thick films exhibit well-saturated ferroelectric hysteresis loops with a remanent polarization and coercive field of 35 μC/cm2 and 94 kV/cm, respectively. A large-signal effective d33,eff value of >60 pm/V is achieved at room temperature. The measured ferroelectric transition temperature (Tc) of the films ∼550 °C is >50 °C higher than the reported values (∼490 °C) for PbTiO3 ceramics. First-principles calculations combined with electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) and structural analysis indicate that the film is composed of nano size grains with slightly decreased tetragonality. There is no severe off-stoichiometry, but a high compressive in-plane residual stress was observed in the film along with a high transition temperature and piezoelectric response. The ferroelectric characteristics were sustained until 200 °C, providing significant advancement toward realizing high temperature piezoelectric materials. © 2014 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
Choi, Hong Soo
Bio-Micro Robotics Lab
Micro/Nano robot; Neural prostheses; MEMS; BMI; MEMS/NEMS; BioMEMS; MEMS 초음파 트랜스듀스; 인공와우
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.