Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
A novel miniature kinaesthetic actuator based on magnetorheological fluids
- A novel miniature kinaesthetic actuator based on magnetorheological fluids
- Yang, Tae Heon; Ryu, Se Min; Kim, Sang Youn; Koo, Jeong Hoi; Kyung, Ki Uk; An, Jin Ung; Park, Yon Kyu; Kwon, Dong Soo
- DGIST Authors
- An, Jin Ung
- Issue Date
- International Conference on Haptics: Perception, Devices, Mobility, and Communication, EuroHaptics 2012, 7283 LNCS(PART 2), 181-185
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- This paper presents a miniature haptic actuator based on MR fluids, designed to convey realistic haptic information to users in portable electronic devices. Named as a kinaesthetic actuator, the proposed haptic actuator can convey various kinaesthetic sensations. Humans generally rub (tactile) and press (kinaesthetic) target objects when they try to perceive them. While haptic researches have been focused on developing miniature tactile actuators, miniature kinaesthetic actuators have been rarely researched. Hence, the proposed kinaesthetic actuator offers more immersive and vivid haptic sensations to users by adding kinaesthetic feeling to tactile sensations. After constructing a prototype actuator, its performances with the respect to the resistive force were evaluated by varying input current. Experimental results show that the proposed actuator is capable of providing plentiful kinaesthetic sensations for much enhanced realistic haptic experiences. © 2012 Springer-Verlag.
- Springer Verlag
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Wellness2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.