Cited 0 time in
Cited 3 time in
Reliable identification of vehicle-boarding actions based on fuzzy inference system
- Reliable identification of vehicle-boarding actions based on fuzzy inference system
- Ahn, D.[Ahn, Dae Han]; Park, H.[Park, Ho Min]; Hwang, S.[Hwang, Seok Hyun]; Park, T.[Park, Tae Joon]
- DGIST Authors
- Ahn, D.[Ahn, Dae Han]
- Issue Date
- Sensors, 17(2)
- Article Type
- Comprehensive Evaluation; Driver Identification; Driving While Distracted; Fuzzy Inference; Fuzzy Inference System; Fuzzy Inference Systems; Fuzzy Systems; Inertial Sensor; Inertial Sensors; Signal Encoding; Smartphones; Vehicle-Boarding Actions; Vehicle Types; Vehicles
- Existing smartphone-based solutions to prevent distracted driving suffer from inadequate system designs that only recognize simple and clean vehicle-boarding actions, thereby failing to meet the required level of accuracy in real-life environments. In this paper, exploiting unique sensory features consistently monitored from a broad range of complicated vehicle-boarding actions, we propose a reliable and accurate system based on fuzzy inference to classify the sides of vehicle entrance by leveraging built-in smartphone sensors only. The results of our comprehensive evaluation on three vehicle types with four participants demonstrate that the proposed system achieves 91.1%∼94.0% accuracy, outperforming other methods by 26.9%∼38.4% and maintains at least 87.8% accuracy regardless of smartphone positions and vehicle types. © 2017 by the authors; licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland.
- MDPI AG
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.