Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Impact of cerium doping on the structural and electrical properties of lithium nickel manganese oxide (LiNi0.5Mn0.5O2)
- Impact of cerium doping on the structural and electrical properties of lithium nickel manganese oxide (LiNi0.5Mn0.5O2)
- Senthil Kumar, P.; Sakunthala, A.; Prabu, Moni
- Issue Date
- International Journal of ChemTech Research, 6(13), 5252-5255
- Article Type
- AC Impedance; Alternating Current; Analytic Method; Cerium; Cerium Doping; Doping; Electric Conductivity; Electrical Parameters; Impedance; Lini0.5Mn0.5O2; Lithium Nickel Manganese Oxide; Manganese Oxide; Poly(Vinylpyrolidone); Poly(Vinylpyrolidone) Assisted Sol Gel Method; Sol-Gel; Structure Analysis; Unclassified Drug; X Ray Diffraction
- The present work focuses on the influence of Cerium on the structural and electrical properties of LiNi0.5Mn0.5O2compound. Equivalent (LiNi0.475Ce0.05Mn0.475O2) and non-equivalent sites (LiNi0.45Ce0.05Mn0.5O2 and LiNi0.5Ce0.05Mn0.45O2) cerium doped LiNi0.5Mn0.5O2compounds were prepared by PVP assisted sol-gel method and was investigated by XRD and AC impedance analysis. The XRD analysis shows that Ce doping does not change the basic crystalline structure of LiNi0.5Mn0.5O2. The appearance of new peaks at ~ 28 and 33° in the XRD pattern was consistent with the standard peaks of CeO2. In addition, the intensity ratio (I003/I104) of planes (003) and (104) was decreased by doping, suggesting the undesirable cation mixing to be occurred at the lattice. By AC impedance analysis the total electrical conductivity of the pristine compound was found to be 2.57×10−7 S/cm. An effective improvement of the total electrical conductivity (order of 10−6S/cm) was observed for the cerium doped LNMO compounds. © 2014, Sphinx Knowledge House. All rights Reserved.
- Sphinx Knowledge House
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.