Cited 6 time in
Cited 8 time in
Synthesis of one-dimensional gold nanostructures and the electrochemical application of the nanohybrid containing functionalized graphene oxide for cholesterol biosensing
- Synthesis of one-dimensional gold nanostructures and the electrochemical application of the nanohybrid containing functionalized graphene oxide for cholesterol biosensing
- Nandini, S[Nandini, Seetharamaiah]; Nalini, S[Nalini, Seetharamaiah]; Reddy, MBM[Reddy, M. B. Madhusudana]; Suresh, GS[Suresh, Gurukar Shivappa]; Melo, JS[Melo, Jose Savio]; Niranjana, P[Niranjana, Pathappa]; Sanetuntikul, J[Sanetuntikul, Jakkid]; Shanmugam, S[Shanmugam, Sangaraju]
- DGIST Authors
- Sanetuntikul, J[Sanetuntikul, Jakkid]; Shanmugam, S[Shanmugam, Sangaraju]
- Issue Date
- Bioelectrochemistry, 110, 79-90
- Article Type
- Beta-Diphenylalanine; Biosensor; Biosensors; Chemical Sensors; Cholesterol; Cholesterol Oxidase; Chronoamperometry; Controlled Study; Cyclic Potentiometry; Cyclic Voltammetry; Direct Electron Transfer; Dispersion; Electro-Chemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS); Electrochemical Applications; Electrochemical Biosensor; Electrodes; Energy Dispersive Analysis of X-Rays; Enzyme Electrodes; Enzyme Immobilization; Functionalized Graphene; Functionalized Graphene Oxide; Gold; Gold Nanoparticle; Gold Nanostrucutres; Graphene; Graphene Oxide; Hybrid; Morphology; Morphology and Composition; Nano-Structures; Peptide Nanotubes; Scanning Electron Microscopy; Synthesis; Synthesis (Chemical); Ultrasonic Applications; Ultrasound Irradiation; Voltage Regulators; X Ray Diffraction; Yarn
- This manuscript reports a new approach for the synthesis of one dimensional gold nanostructure (AuNs) and its application in the development of cholesterol biosensor. Au nanostructures have been synthesized by exploiting β-diphenylalanine (β-FF) as an sacrificial template, whereas the Au nanoparticles (AuNPs) were synthesized by ultrasound irradiation. X-ray diffractometer (XRD), scanning electron microscope (SEM) and energy dispersive analysis of X-rays (EDAX) have been employed to characterize the morphology and composition of the prepared samples. With the aim to develop a highly sensitive cholesterol biosensor, cholesterol oxidase (ChOx) was immobilized on AuNs which were appended on the graphite (Gr) electrode via chemisorption onto thiol-functionalized graphene oxide (GO-SH). This Gr/GO-SH/AuNs/ChOx biosensor has been characterized using cyclic voltammetry (CV), electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and chronoamperometry. CV results indicated a direct electron transfer between the enzyme and the electrode surface. A new potentiostat intermitant titration technique (PITT) has been studied to determine the diffusion coefficient and maxima potential value. The proposed biosensor showed rapid response, high sensitivity, wide linear range and low detection limit. Furthermore, our AuNs modified electrode showed excellent selectivity, repeatability, reproducibility and long term stability. The proposed electrode has also been used successfully to determine cholesterol in serum samples. © 2016 Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Science and EngineeringAdvanced Energy Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.