Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
A 0.8 V Supply- and Temperature-Insensitive Capacitance-to-Digital Converter in 0.18-Mum CMOS
- A 0.8 V Supply- and Temperature-Insensitive Capacitance-to-Digital Converter in 0.18-Mum CMOS
- George, AK[George, Arup K.]; Lee, J[Lee, Junghyup]; Kong, ZH[Kong, Zhi Hui]; Je, M[Je, Minkyu]
- DGIST Authors
- George, AK[George, Arup K.]; Lee, J[Lee, Junghyup]
- Issue Date
- IEEE Sensors Journal, 16(13), 5354-5364
- Article Type
- Capacitance; Capacitance-to-Digital Converter; Capacitive Sensor; Capacitive Sensors; Cmos Integrated Circuits; Digital Converters; Frequency Converters; Low-Power; Low-Voltage; Low Power; Low Voltages; MEMS; Oscillators (Electronic); Relaxation Oscillator; Relaxation Oscillators; Sensor Interface; Temperature; Temperature-Insensitive; Temperature Dependent; Temperature Distribution; Temperature Variation
- A low-voltage, low-power, capacitance-to-digital converter (CDC) that is insensitive to supply and temperature variations is presented in this paper. The CDC comprises two matched RC oscillators and a counter-based programmable digital converter. The transfer function of the proposed CDC is a scaled ratio of the capacitors having equal drift coefficients, making it insensitive to supply as well as temperature variations. Worst case temperature-dependent drift of ±153.4 ppm/°C is measured between -40 and +120 °C while worst case supply-dependent drift of ±1.12% is measured between 0.8 and 1.2 V over full-scale capacitance range. The proposed CDC achieves 2.05 fF resolution, consuming 23 μA from a 0.8 V supply, at a full-scale range of 3.36 pF. The CDC, realized in 0.18-μm CMOS process, has an active area of 0.102 mm2 and offers a scalable resolution within a range of 2-13 b. © 2016 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringIntegrated Nano-Systems Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.