Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Terbium and tungsten co-doped bismuth oxide electrolytes for low temperature solid oxide fuel cells
- Terbium and tungsten co-doped bismuth oxide electrolytes for low temperature solid oxide fuel cells
- Jung, D.W.[Jung, Doh Won]; Lee, K.T.[Lee, Kang Taek]; Wachsman, E.D.[Wachsman, Eric D.]
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, K.T.[Lee, Kang Taek]
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society, 51(4), 261-264
- Article Type
- Bismuth; Bismuth Oxides; Dopant Concentrations; Doping (Additives); Double Dopants; Electrolytes; Fuel Cells; High-Temperature Cubic Phase; High-Temperature XRD; Low Temperature Solid Oxide Fuel Cells; Oxygen-Ion Conductivity; Semiconductor Doping; Solid Electrolytes; Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC); Stabilized Bismuth Oxides
- We developed a novel double dopant bismuth oxide system with Tb and W. When Tb was doped as a single dopant, a Tb dopant concentration more than 20 mol% was required to stabilize bismuth oxides with a high conductivity cubic structure. High temperature XRD analysis of 25 mol% Tb-doped bismuth oxide (25TSB) confirmed that the cubic structure of 25TSB was retained from room temperature to 700°C with increase in the lattice parameter. On the other hand, we achieved the stabilization of high temperature cubic phase with a total dopant concentration as low as ~12 mol% with 8 mol% Tb and 4 mol% W double dopants (8T4WSB). Moreover, the measured ionic conductivity of 10T5WSB was much higher than 25TSB, thus demonstrating the feasibility of the double dopant strategy to develop stabilized bismuth oxide systems with higher oxygen ion conductivity for the application of SOFC electrolytes at reduced temperature. In addition, we investigated the long-term stability of TSB and TWSB electrolytes.
- Korean Ceramic Society
- Related Researcher
Lee, Kang Taek
Advanced Energy Conversion and Storage Lab(AECSL)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Science and EngineeringAECSL(Advanced Energy Conversion and Storage Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.