Cited 10 time in
Cited 3 time in
Synthesis, Characterization, and Reactivity of Cobalt(III)-Oxygen Complexes Bearing a Macrocyclic N-Tetramethylated Cyclam Ligand
- Synthesis, Characterization, and Reactivity of Cobalt(III)-Oxygen Complexes Bearing a Macrocyclic N-Tetramethylated Cyclam Ligand
- Kim, D[Kim, Doyeon]; Cho, J[Cho, Jaeheung]; Lee, YM[Lee, Yong-Min]; Sarangi, R[Sarangi, Ritimukta]; Nam, W[Nam, Wonwoo]
- DGIST Authors
- Cho, J[Cho, Jaeheung]
- Issue Date
- Chemistry: A European Journal, 19(42), 14112-14118
- Article Type
- Aliphatic Hydroxylation; Bioinorganic Chemistry; Cobalt; Macro-Cyclic Ligands; Oxygen
- Mononuclear metal-dioxygen species are key intermediates that are frequently observed in the catalytic cycles of dioxygen activation by metalloenzymes and their biomimetic compounds. In this work, a side-on cobalt(III)-peroxo complex bearing a macrocyclic N-tetramethylated cyclam (TMC) ligand, [CoIII(15-TMC)(O2)]+, was synthesized and characterized with various spectroscopic methods. Upon protonation, this cobalt(III)-peroxo complex was cleanly converted into an end-on cobalt(III)-hydroperoxo complex, [CoIII(15-TMC)(OOH)]2+. The cobalt(III)-hydroperoxo complex was further converted to [CoIII(15-TMC-CH2-O)]2+ by hydroxylation of a methyl group of the 15-TMC ligand. Kinetic studies and 18O-labeling experiments proposed that the aliphatic hydroxylation occurred via a CoIV-oxo (or CoIII-oxyl) species, which was formed by O-O bond homolysis of the cobalt(III)-hydroperoxo complex. In conclusion, we have shown the synthesis, structural and spectroscopic characterization, and reactivities of mononuclear cobalt complexes with peroxo, hydroperoxo, and oxo ligands. © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.