Cited 23 time in
Cited 24 time in
Tunable Electrical and Optical Properties in Composition Controlled Hf:ZnO Thin Films Grown by Atomic Layer Deposition
- Tunable Electrical and Optical Properties in Composition Controlled Hf:ZnO Thin Films Grown by Atomic Layer Deposition
- Ahn, CH[Ahn, Cheol Hyoun]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]; Cho, HK[Cho, Hyung Koun]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 159(4), H384-H387
- Article Type
- Atomic Layer Deposition; Band Edge; Band Gaps; Burstein-Moss Effects; Crystallinities; Electric Conductivity; Electrical and Optical Properties; Electrical Resistivity; Hafnium; High-Electron-Density; Metallic Films; Optical Films; Optical Properties; Phase Separation; Polycrystalline Thin Film; Semiconductor Quantum Wells; Thin-Films; Transparent Conductive Oxides; Visible Region; X Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy; Zinc Oxide; ZnO Matrix
- Hf:ZnO thin films doped with various Hf contents were prepared at 200°C by atomic layer deposition and assessed as transparent conductive oxides. Low Hf contents (≤6.7 at%) resulted in highly conductive polycrystalline thin films; high Hf contents reduced both crystallinity and conductivity due to the limited solubility of Hf in the ZnO matrix. The lowest electrical resistivity of 6 × 10 -4 Ω · cm and high electron density of 3 × 10 20 cm -3 were shown by the sample with 3.3 at% Hf. All the thin films showed ca. 80% transmittance in the visible region. The films' optical band-gaps increased from 3.29 to 3.56 eV with increasing Hf content up to 6.7 at%; further increases resulted in deviation from the Burstein-Moss effect and excess Hf incorporation induced two band edges due to phase separation, which was correlated with X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and photoluminescence results. © 2012 The Electrochemical Society.
- Electrochemical Society
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.