Cited 2 time in
Cited 4 time in
The Electro-Optical Behavior of Liquid Crystal Molecules on the Surface of SiO2 Inorganic Thin Films
- The Electro-Optical Behavior of Liquid Crystal Molecules on the Surface of SiO2 Inorganic Thin Films
- Sung, SJ[Sung, Shi-Joon]; Yang, KJ[Yang, Kee-Jeong]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Do, YS[Do, Yun Seon]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin-Kyu]; Choi, BD[Choi, Byeong-Dae]
- DGIST Authors
- Yang, KJ[Yang, Kee-Jeong]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Do, YS[Do, Yun Seon]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin-Kyu]; Choi, BD[Choi, Byeong-Dae]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 9(12), 6938-6942
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Alignment; Crystals; Electro-Optical; Film Thickness; High Quality; Inorganic Materials; Inorganic Thin Film; Inorganic Thin Films; Liquid Crystal Alignment; Liquid Crystal Molecules; Liquid Crystals; Molecules; Negative Dielectric; Photochemical Stability; Silicon Compounds; SiO2; Sputtering; Sputtering Conditions; Surface Morphology; Surface Properties; Surface Roughness; Switching; Switching Behaviors; Switching Time; Thin-Film Devices; Thin-Films; Trace Analysis; Vapor Deposition
- Inorganic thin films are well known for the liquid crystal alignment layers for LCoS application due to the higher thermal and photochemical stability of inorganic materials. The switching time of liquid crystals is the important factor for the projection application and the faster switching time is required for the high quality display. The switching behavior of liquid crystal molecules on inorganic thin films might be closely related with the surface properties of the inorganic thin films. Therefore the understanding of surface properties of the inorganic thin films is required for the enhancement of the switching time of liquid crystals of LCoS devices. In this work, we prepared the SiO 2 inorganic thin films and the electro-optical behavior of liquid crystal molecules on SiO 2 thin film was investigated. The sputtering condition of SiO 2 thin film was closely related with the thickness and the surface morphology of SiO 2 thin film. The switching time of liquid crystals with negative dielectric constant on SiO 2 inorganic thin films was dominantly affected by the size of protrusion on the surface of SiO 2 thin film and the surface roughness of SiO 2 thin film was also related with the switching time of liquid crystals. From these results, it is possible to prepare the SiO 2 inorganic thin film suitable for the liquid crystal alignment layer for VAN LC mode. © 2009 American Scientific Publishers. All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Division of Nano∙Energy Convergence Research1. Journal Articles
Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.