Cited 13 time in
Cited 16 time in
A band-gap-graded CZTSSe solar cell with 12.3% efficiency
- A band-gap-graded CZTSSe solar cell with 12.3% efficiency
- Yang, KJ[Yang, Kee-Jeong]; Son, DH[Son, Dae-Ho]; Sung, SJ[Sung, Shi-Joon]; Sim, JH[Sim, Jun-Hyoung]; Kim, YI[Kim, Young-Ill]; Park, SN[Park, Si-Nae]; Jeon, DH[Jeon, Dong-Hwan]; Kim, J[Kim, JungSik]; Hwang, DK[Hwang, Dae-Kue]; Jeon, CW[Jeon, Chan-Wook]; Nam, D[Nam, Dahyun]; Cheong, H[Cheong, Hyeonsik]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin-Kyu]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]
- DGIST Authors
- Yang, KJ[Yang, Kee-Jeong]; Son, DH[Son, Dae-Ho]; Sim, JH[Sim, Jun-Hyoung]; Park, SN[Park, Si-Nae]; Jeon, DH[Jeon, Dong-Hwan]; Kim, J[Kim, JungSik]; Hwang, DK[Hwang, Dae-Kue]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin-Kyu]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 4(26), 10151-10158
- Article Type
- Absorber Material; Annealing Process; Conduction-Band Minimum; Defect Generation; Depletion Region; Energy Gap; Fermi Energy Pinning; Grading; Grain Crystallinity; Maximum Efficiency; Solar Absorbers; Solar Cells
- Although Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4 (CZTSSe) has attracted attention as an alternative to CuInGaSe2 (CIGS) as an absorber material in solar cells, its low efficiency is a serious shortcoming preventing its commercialization. To realize a high-efficiency CZTSSe solar cell, improved grain crystallinity, inhibited secondary-phase formation, controlled defect generation, adequate Na content, and band gap grading are required in the absorber layer. Few studies have focused specifically on band gap grading. In this study, a method of using SeS2, a new potential chalcogenization source material, to control the S and Se contents in a CZTSSe absorber and its effects were investigated. Using an appropriate SeS2/Se weight ratio, band gap grading was realized within the depletion region. By increasing the value of VOC through band gap grading in the depletion region, a record VOC deficit of 0.576 V was achieved. Furthermore, the possibility of enhancing JSC through the formation of a type-inverted n-type phase at the absorber surface in response to an appropriate alignment of the conduction-band minimum energy level and the Fermi energy pinning level is discussed. By introducing the chalcogenization source material SeS2 during the annealing process, CZTSSe solar cells with a maximum efficiency of 12.3% were obtained. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2016.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.