Cited 6 time in
Cited 6 time in
A Metamaterial-Based Handset Antenna with the SAR Reduction
- A Metamaterial-Based Handset Antenna with the SAR Reduction
- Kahng, S[Kahng, Sungtek]; Kahng, K[Kahng, Kyungseok]; Yang, I[Yang, Inkyu]; Park, T[Park, Taejoon]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, T[Park, Taejoon]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, 9(2), 622-627
- Article Type
- Crlh Configuration; Full-Wave Simulations; Handset Antenna; Metamaterial-Inspired Antennas; Metamaterial Antennas; Metamaterials; Monopole Antennas; Planar Inverted-F Antenna; Radar Antennas; SAR; Sar Reduction; Size-Reduction; Specific Absorption Rate; Telephone Sets
- A method to reduce the specific absorption rate(SAR) of the antenna for WiMAX mobile communication is proposed in this paper. The SAR reduction is achieved by miniaturizing the physical size of the antenna for the given resonance frequency by devising a metamaterial-composite right- and left-handed(CRLH) configuration-based radiator much smaller than the quarter-guided wavelength adopted a lot in the conventional planar inverted F antenna(PIFA) or modified monopole antenna. The proposed antenna is placed near the head-phantom and its SAR is evaluated by the full-wave simulations(SEMCAD X), where the metamaterial-inspired antenna is shown to have the lower value than a modified monopole as the reference in terms of the SAR.
- Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.