Cited 10 time in
Cited 10 time in
Regioregular D-1-A-D-2-A Terpolymer with Controlled Thieno[3,4-b]thiophene Orientation for High-Efficiency Polymer Solar Cells Processed with Nonhalogenated Solvents
- Regioregular D-1-A-D-2-A Terpolymer with Controlled Thieno[3,4-b]thiophene Orientation for High-Efficiency Polymer Solar Cells Processed with Nonhalogenated Solvents
- Heo, H[Heo, Hyojung]; Kim, H[Kim, Honggi]; Lee, D[Lee, Donghwa]; Jang, S[Jang, Seokhoon]; Ban, L[Ban, Lyeojin]; Lim, B[Lim, Bogyu]; Lee, J[Lee, Jaechol]; Lee, Y[Lee, Youngu]
- DGIST Authors
- Heo, H[Heo, Hyojung]; Kim, H[Kim, Honggi]; Lee, D[Lee, Donghwa]; Jang, S[Jang, Seokhoon]; Ban, L[Ban, Lyeojin]; Lee, Y[Lee, Youngu]
- Issue Date
- Macromolecules, 49(9), 3328-3335
- Article Type
- Degree of Crystallinity; Electromagnetic Wave Absorption; Excellent Solubility; Halogenated Solvents; Halogenation; Heterojunctions; Light Absorption; Non-Halogenated Solvent; Photovoltaic Performance; Polymer Solar Cell (PSC); Polymer Solar Cells (PSCs); Polymers; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Solar Cells; Solvents; Thieno[3,4-B]Thiophene; Thiophene
- A regioregular D1-A-D2-A terpolymer PDTSTTBDT incorporating dithieno[3,2-b:2′,3′-d]silole (DTS, D1) and benzo[1,2-b:4,5-b]dithiophene (BDT, D2) units with perfectly controlled thieno[3,4-b]thiophene (TT, A) orientation was synthesized for the first time. The thermal, optical, and electrochemical properties of the regioregular PDTSTTBDT were characterized and compared with the random PDTSTTBDT without structural regioregularity. The regioregular PDTSTTBDT showed ideal optical bandgap (1.45 eV), lower lying HOMO energy level, and higher degree of crystallinity compared to the random PDTSTTBDT. Moreover, it exhibited excellent solubility in nonhalogenated solvents as well as halogenated solvents. The inverted bulk-heterojunction polymer solar cells (PSCs) based on the regioregular PDTSTTBDT and o-xylene process solvent showed a power conversion efficiency as high as 6.14%, which is 500% higher than the random PDTSTTBDT-based PSCs. It was found that the remarkable enhancement of photovoltaic performance in regioregular PDTSTTBDT-based PSCs is mainly due to improved light absorption, effective polymer ordering, and high charge carrier mobility. © 2016 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Systems EngineeringOrganic & Printed Electronics Laboratory(OPEL)1. Journal Articles
Energy Systems EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.