Cited 5 time in
Cited 7 time in
Influence of calcination temperature on Cd0.3Co0.7Fe2O4 nanoparticles: Structural, thermal and magnetic properties
- Influence of calcination temperature on Cd0.3Co0.7Fe2O4 nanoparticles: Structural, thermal and magnetic properties
- Reddy, CV[Reddy, Ch. Venkata]; Vattikuti, SVP[Vattikuti, S. V. Prabhakar]; Ravikumar, RVSSN[Ravikumar, R. V. S. S. N.]; Moon, SJ[Moon, Sang Jun]; Shim, J[Shim, Jaesool]
- DGIST Authors
- Moon, SJ[Moon, Sang Jun]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 394, 70-76
- Article Type
- Calcination; Calcination Temperature; Chemical Method; Chemical Preparation; Cobalt Ferrite Nanoparticles; Crystalline Size; Differential Thermal Analysis; Ferrite; Ferrite Nanoparticles; Magnetic Properties; Magnetism; Nanomagnetics; Nanoparticles; Octahedral Complex; Saturation Magnetization; Synthesis (Chemical); Thermodynamic Stability; Vibrating Sample Magnetometer
- Cadmium substituted cobalt ferrite nanoparticles are synthesis using the chemical method. The as-prepared ferrite nanoparticles are calcinated at 300 °C and 600 °C respectively. The samples are studied using; Powder XRD, SEM with EDX, TEM, FT-IR, TG-DTA and vibrating sample magnetometer (VSM) in order to study the calcination temperature effect on structural, morphological and magnetic properties. The magnetic properties, like saturation magnetization and coercivity increases with increasing the calcination temperature. This enhancement is attributed to the transition from amulti-domain to a single-domain nature. The absorption bands observed at 588 cm-1 (ν1) and 440 cm-1 (ν2) are attributed to the vibrations of tetrahedral and octahedral complexes. The TG-DTA curves reveal the thermal stability of the prepared ferrite nanoparticles. The calcination temperature influences the magnetic properties, surface morphology and crystalline size. © 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.