Cited 3 time in
Cited 2 time in
Scaling characteristics of depletion type, fully transparent amorphous indium-gallium-zinc-oxide thin-film transistors and inverters following Ar plasma treatment
- Scaling characteristics of depletion type, fully transparent amorphous indium-gallium-zinc-oxide thin-film transistors and inverters following Ar plasma treatment
- Kim, J[Kim, Joonwoo]; Jeong, SM[Jeong, Soon Moon]; Jeong, J[Jeong, Jaewook]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, J[Kim, Joonwoo]; Jeong, SM[Jeong, Soon Moon]
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 54(11)
- Article Type
- Amorphous Films; Amorphous Indium-Gallium-Zinc-Oxide (A-IGZO); Amorphous Indiumgallium-Zinc Oxide (A-IGZO) Thin-Film Transistor (TFTs); Amorphous Semiconductors; Ar Plasma Treatment; Differential Gain; Electric Inverters; Field-Effect Mobilities; Gallium; Indium; Interfacial State; Plasma Applications; Plasma Theory; Positive Shift; Semiconducting Indium Compounds; Short-Channels; Thin-Film Transistors (TFTs); Thin-Films; Threshold Voltage; Zinc; Zinc Oxide
- We fabricated depletion type, transparent amorphous indium-gallium-zinc-oxide (a-IGZO) thin-film transistors (TFTs) and inverters with an Ar plasma treatment and analyzed their scaling characteristics with channel lengths ranging from 2 to 100 μm. The improvement of the field-effect mobility of a-IGZO TFTs is apparent only for short channel lengths. There is also an unexpected side effect of the Ar plasma treatment, which introduces back-channel interfacial states and induces a positive shift in the threshold voltage of a-IGZO TFTs. The resulting increase in the fieldeffect mobility and the positive shift in the threshold voltage of each TFT increase the differential gain up to 3 times and the positive shift in the transient point of the transparent inverters. © 2015 The Japan Society of Applied Physics.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.