Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Fabrication of Double-Layered TiO2 Films with Nanosphere Light Scatterers by One-Step Soaking Method
- Fabrication of Double-Layered TiO2 Films with Nanosphere Light Scatterers by One-Step Soaking Method
- Park, MS[Park, Mi Sun]; Sung, SJ[Sung, Shi-Joon]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, MS[Park, Mi Sun]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 15(10), 7781-7786
- Article Type
- Double Layer; Double Layered Structure; Double Layers; Film Preparation; Light Scattering; Nano-Structures; Nanoparticle Synthesis; Nanosphere; Nanospheres; Nanostructure; Reactant Concentrations; Reaction Temperature; Sensitized Solar Cells; Soaking Method; Synthesis (Chemical); TiO; TiO2; Titanium Dioxide
- Nanostructured TiO2 films with a double-layered structure are prepared by a facile one-step soaking method. We have investigated the morphology of nanostructured TiO2 films according to the reaction time, concentration of the reactant, and reaction temperature of the soaking reaction, which all have a significant effect on the thickness and layered-structure of the nanostructured TiO2 films. The TiO2 films prepared by this soaking method have a unique double-layered structure, which is composed of a dense TiO2 bottom layer and stacked TiO2 nanospheres on the top layer. The growth of TiO2 nanospheres on the top of the double-layered TiO2 films shows stepwise behavior, which means there are two different growth mechanisms resulting in the dense TiO2 bottom layer and the spherical TiO2 top layer. There is an optimum reactant concentration and reaction temperature for achieving double-layered TiO2 films, which can be explained by the theory of nanoparticle synthesis. The stacked TiO2 nanospheres of double-layered TiO2 films contribute to the light scattering effects of TiO2 films, which could be used for the performance improvement of TiO2 photoelectrodes for sensitized solar cells. Copyright © 2015 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.