Cited 8 time in
Cited 9 time in
Nitrogen-Doped Ordered Mesoporous Carbon with Different Morphologies for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction: Effect of Iron Species and Synergy of Textural Properties
- Nitrogen-Doped Ordered Mesoporous Carbon with Different Morphologies for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction: Effect of Iron Species and Synergy of Textural Properties
- Yang, DS[Yang, Dae-Soo]; Bhattacharjya, D[Bhattacharjya, Dhrubajyoti]; Song, MY[Song, Min Young]; Razmjooei, F[Razmjooei, Fatemeh]; Ko, J[Ko, Jaejung]; Yang, QH[Yang, Quan-Hong]; Yu, JS[Yu, Jong-Sung]
- DGIST Authors
- Yang, DS[Yang, Dae-Soo]; Bhattacharjya, D[Bhattacharjya, Dhrubajyoti]; Song, MY[Song, Min Young]; Razmjooei, F[Razmjooei, Fatemeh]; Yu, JS[Yu, Jong-Sung]
- Issue Date
- ChemCatChem, 7(18), 2882-2890
- Article Type
- Alkaline Medium; Carbon; Carbon Catalysts; Catalysts; Doping (Additives); Electrolytic Reduction; Electron Transport Properties; Fuel Cells; Half-Wave Potential; Ionization of Gases; Iron; Iron Phthalocyanines; Mesoporous Materials; Morphology; Nitrogen; Ordered Mesoporous Carbon; Oxygen; Oxygen Reduction Reaction; Structural Morphology; Textural Properties
- Nitrogen-doped ordered mesoporous carbons (N-OMCs) with different morphologies are prepared as oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) catalysts through pyrolysis of iron phthalocyanine-infiltrated SBA-15 silica with different mesochannel lengths. Excellent ORR activity with a nearly four-electron transfer process is observed in both alkaline and acidic media. In particular, the difference in half-wave potential for ORR relative to commercial Pt/C catalyst is only 50mV negative in acidic medium, whereas it is 50mV more positive in alkaline medium. Interestingly, it is found that although the use of iron is necessary for the preparation of highly active nitrogen-doped ORR carbon catalysts, its presence is not necessary for N-OMC to be active in the ORR in either alkaline or acidic media. In addition, the ORR activity increases gradually with decreasing mesopore channel length, with maximum activity in N-OMC with short channels, demonstrating the high synergistic influence of structural morphology on ORR in heteroatom-doped carbon. Textural healing: N-doped ordered mesoporous carbon (OMC) catalysts with different morphologies are synthesized by pyrolysis of iron phthalocyanine-infiltrated SBA-15 templates with different mesochannel lengths. Excellent electrocatalytic activity in the oxygen reduction reaction with a nearly four-electron transfer process is observed for these catalysts under both alkaline and acidic conditions. p=Platelet-type and s=ellipsoidal morphologies; m=medium length and l=long-rod mesochannels. © 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Related Researcher
Yu, Jong Sung
Light, Salts and Water Research Group
Materials chemistry; nanomaterials; electrochemistry; carbon and porous materials; fuel cell; battery; supercapacitor; sensor and photochemical catalyst
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.