Cited 23 time in
Cited 24 time in
Enhanced electrochemical performance of template-free carbon-coated iron(II, III) oxide hollow nanofibers as anode material for lithium-ion batteries
- Enhanced electrochemical performance of template-free carbon-coated iron(II, III) oxide hollow nanofibers as anode material for lithium-ion batteries
- Im, ME[Im, Mi Eun]; Pham-Cong, D[De Pham-Cong]; Kim, JY[Kim, Ji Yoon]; Choi, HS[Choi, Hun Seok]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]; Kim, JP[Kim, Jong Pil]; Kim, J[Kim, Jinwoo]; Jeong, SY[Jeong, Se Young]; Cho, CR[Cho, Chae Ryong]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Power Sources, 284, 392-399
- Article Type
- Anode Material for Lithium Ion Batteries; Anodes; Capacity; Carbon; Carbon Coating; Diffusion; Diffusion Coatings; Diffusion Coefficient; Electric Batteries; Electrochemical Performance; Electrodes; High-Performance Anodes; Hollow Nanofiber; Hollow Nanofibers; Ion Diffusion Coefficient; Ions; Iron Oxide; Iron Oxides; Lithium; Lithium-Ion Batteries; Lithium-Ion Battery Anodes; Lithium Alloys; Lithium Batteries; Lithium Compounds; Nanofibers
- Carbon-coated Fe3O4 hollow nanofibers (Fe3O4/C hNFs) as a lithium ion battery anode material are prepared through electrospinning, annealing, and hydrothermal processing. At a high current density of 1000 mAg-1, the template-free Fe3O4/C hNFs exhibit high 1st- and 150th-cycle specific capacities of ∼963 and 978 mAhg-1, respectively. Moreover, Fe3O4/C hNFs have excellent and stable rate capability, compared to that of the Fe3O4 hNFs, and a capacity of 704 mAhg-1 at a current density of 2000 mAg-1. Owing to the carbon layer, the Li-ion diffusion coefficient of the Fe3O4/C hNFs, 8.10 × 10-14 cm2 s-1, is 60 times higher than that (1.33 × 10-15 cm2 s-1) of the Fe3O4 hNFs. These results indicate that Fe3O4/C hNFs may have important implications for developing high performance anodes for next-generation lithium ion batteries. © 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.