Cited 7 time in
Cited 10 time in
Facile approach for synthesis of high moment Fe/ferrite and FeCo/ferrite core/shell nanostructures
- Facile approach for synthesis of high moment Fe/ferrite and FeCo/ferrite core/shell nanostructures
- Abbas, M[Abbas, Mohamed]; Islam, MN[Islam, Md. Nazrul]; Rao, BP[Rao, B. Parvatheeswara]; Abou Aitah, KE[Abou Aitah, K. E.]; Kim, C[Kim, CheolGi]
- DGIST Authors
- Abbas, M[Abbas, Mohamed]; Kim, C[Kim, CheolGi]
- Issue Date
- Materials Letters, 139, 161-164
- Article Type
- Core-Shell; Fe/Ferrite; FeCo/Ferrite; High Moment; Magnetic Properties; Sono-Chemical Method; Thermal-Annealing; Thermal Annealing
- In the present study, we developed a facile approach for synthesis of high magnetic moment monodisperse Fe/ferrite and FeCo/ferrite core/shell nanoparticles. Fe3O4 and CoFe2O4 nanoparticles were at first synthesized through sonochemical process, followed by thermal annealing in presence of hydrogen (H2) gas for 2 h for reduction into Fe and FeCo nanoparticles, respectively. Then, oxidation of Fe and FeCo nanoparticles up to 48 h in air atmosphere resulted in complete formation of Fe/ferrite and FeCo/ferrite core/shell nanostructures. Different analytical techniques such as X-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy, energy dispersive spectroscopy and vibrating sample magnetometer were used to characterize and confirm the successful formation of the core/shell nanostructures. In view of the obtained high magnetic Fe or FeCo core and biocompatible ferrite shell, these core-shell Fe/ferrite and FeCo/ferrite nanoparticles are expected to be promising materials for various bio-sensing applications. © 2014 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.