Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Enhanced Performance of Polymer Solar Cells with a Fluorocyanophenyl Compound as an Additive
- Enhanced Performance of Polymer Solar Cells with a Fluorocyanophenyl Compound as an Additive
- Jeong, S[Jeong, Seonju]; Woo, S[Woo, Sungho]; Lyu, HK[Lyu, Hong-Kun]; Kim, WH[Kim, Wook Hyun]; Sung, SJ[Sung, Shi-Joon]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]
- DGIST Authors
- Woo, S[Woo, Sungho]; Lyu, HK[Lyu, Hong-Kun]; Kim, WH[Kim, Wook Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 14(12), 9219-9223
- Article Type
- Absorption Spectroscopy; Additive; Additives; Butyric Acid; Chemistry; Conversion Efficiency; Efficiency; Electric Power Supplies; Fluorine Compounds; Fluorine Derivative; Fluorocyanophenyl Compound; Incident Photon-to-Current Conversion Efficiencies; P3HT; PC61BM; Phase Separation; Polymer Solar Cell (PSC); Polymer Solar Cells (PSCs); Polymers; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Power Supply; Solar Cells; Solar Energy; Spectrophotometry, Ultraviolet; Transport Efficiency; Ultraviolet Spectrophotometry; UV-Visible Absorption Spectroscopy
- The efficiency of polymer solar cells (PSCs) with P3HT [poly(3-hexyl thiophene)]: PC61BM [[6,6]-phenyl C61-butyric acid methyl ester] blend film was improved by the incorporation of a fluorocyanophenyl compound, 3,4,5,6-tetrafluorophthalonitrile (TFP), as an additive. When the amount of TFT additive was 5 wt% based on the total amount of P3HT and PC61BM, the highest efficiency was achieved. The annealed PSC with 5 wt% TFP had a power conversion efficiency of 4.45% compared with that (3.57%) of the reference cell without the additive, which corresponds to an increase of about 18.7% in the efficiency due to an enhancement in the short circuit current (Jsc). A seriese of measurements such as UV-visible absorption spectroscopy, X-ray measurements, atomic force microscopic images and incident photon to current conversion efficiency (IPCE) spectra revealed that the increased Jsc in the PSC with P3HT:PC61BM:TFP blend film was due to an improvement in both exciton generation and charge transport efficiency, resulting from higher absorbance, larger crystal size and more effective phase separation. Copyright © 2014 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of IoT∙Robotics Convergence Research1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.