Cited 5 time in
Cited 5 time in
Growth of Eu-doped ZnO nanorods on silicon substrate by low temperature hydrothermal method
- Growth of Eu-doped ZnO nanorods on silicon substrate by low temperature hydrothermal method
- Jung, YI[Jung, Yong-Il]; Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]; Park, IK[Park, Il-Kyu]
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]
- Issue Date
- Thin Solid Films, 546, 259-262
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Crystal Atomic Structure; Crystal Growth; Europium; Hydrothermal Process; Low-Temperature Hydrothermal Methods; Luminescence Centers; Nano-Structures; Nanorods; Optical Properties; Oxides; Photoluminescence Spectrum; Point Defects; Post-Thermal Annealing; Silicon Substrates; Structural Investigation; Transmission Electron Microscopy; Visible Spectra; X Ray Diffraction; Zinc Oxide
- Eu-doped ZnO nanorods (NRs) emitting several discrete lines in the visible spectrum were synthesized on silicon (100) substrates using a hydrothermal process. Structural investigations by transmission electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction showed that Eu atoms had been incorporated into the ZnO lattice without forming Eu-related alloys. The photoluminescence (PL) spectra showed discrete emission peaks from the 4% Eu-doped ZnO NRs, indicating that the doped Eu3+ ions in the ZnO NRs act luminescence centers. The PL intensity of specific emission peaks from the Eu-doped ZnO NRs increased after post thermal annealing at 500 °C assumed to be due to the annihilation of point defects in the ZnO crystal lattice. © 2013 Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.