Cited 0 time in
Cited 3 time in
Electrical and optical properties of Al-doped ZnO films deposited by atomic layer deposition
- Electrical and optical properties of Al-doped ZnO films deposited by atomic layer deposition
- An, H.-R.[An, Ha Rim]; Baek, S.-H.[Baek, Seong Ho]; Park, I.-K.[Park, Il Kyu]; Ahn, H.-J.[Ahn, Hyo Jin]
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, S.-H.[Baek, Seong Ho]
- Issue Date
- Korean Journal of Materials Research, 23(8), 469-475
- Article Type
- Al-Doped ZnO; Al-Doped ZnO Films; Aluminum; Atomic Force Microscopy; Atomic Layer Deposition; Chemical Analysis; Deposition; Electric Properties; Electrical and Optical Properties; Electrical Properties; Hall Measurements; High Transmittance; Optical Properties; Optoelectronic Applications; Photoelectrons; Scanning Electron Microscopy; Surface Roughness; Thickness; Thin-Films; X-Ray Photoelectrons; X Ray Diffraction; Zinc Oxide
- Al-doped ZnO(AZO) thin films were synthesized using atomid layer deposition(ALD), which acurately controlledthe uniform film thickness of the AZO thin films. To investigate the electrical and optical properites of the AZO thin films, AZO films using ALD was controlled to be three different thicknesses (50 nm, 100 nm, and 150 nm). The structural, chemical, electrical, and optical properties of the AZO thin films were analyzed by X-ray diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopyfield-emssion scanning electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, Hall measurement system, and UV-Visspectrophotometry. As the thickness of the AZO thin films increased, the crystallinity of the AZO thin films gradually increased, and the surface morphology of the AZO thin films were transformed from a porous structure to a dense structure. The averagesurface roughnesses of the samples using atomic force microscopy were ~3.01 nm, ~2.89 nm, and ~2.44 nm, respectively. Asthe thickness of the AZO filmsincreased, the surface roughness decreased gradually. These results affect the electrical and opticalproperties of AZO thin films. Therefore, the thickest AZO thin films with 150 nm exhibited excellent resistivity (~7.00 × 10-4Ωcm), high transmittance (~83.2 %), and the best FOM (5.71 × 10-3Ω-1). AZO thin films fabricated using ALD may be used as a promising cadidate of TCO materials for optoelectronic applications. © Materials Research Society of Korea.
- Materials Research Society of Korea
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.