Cited 10 time in
Cited 8 time in
Robust synthesis of gold rhombic dodecahedra with well-controlled sizes and their optical properties
- Robust synthesis of gold rhombic dodecahedra with well-controlled sizes and their optical properties
- Choi, KW[Choi, Kyeong Woo]; Kim, DY[Kim, Do Youb]; Zhong, XL[Zhong, Xiao-Lan]; Li, ZY[Li, Zhi-Yuan]; Im, SH[Im, Sang Hyuk]; Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]
- Issue Date
- CrystEngComm, 15(2), 252-258
- Article Type
- Through the seed-mediated growth method in N,N-dimethylformamide (DMF)-water medium using trisodium citrate and poly(vinyl pyrrolidone) (PVP) as stabilizer, Au rhombic dodecahedra with a narrow size distribution (< 5% in standard deviation) and high shape yield (> 90%) could be reproducibly synthesized thanks to the robust formation of rhombic dodecahedra by DMF-water medium and surface stabilization by trisodium citrate. Moreover, the edge lengths of these Au rhombic dodecahedra could be readily controlled from 19 to 67 nm by varying the amount of seeds, concentration of HAuCl4, or both, and thus the localized surface plasmon resonance peak positions of the Au rhombic dodecahedra could be continuously tuned from 532 to 655 nm. © 2013 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Science and EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.