Cited 2 time in
Cited 4 time in
Differential subcellular localization of DNA topoisomerase-1 isoforms and their roles during Caenorhabditis elegans development
- Differential subcellular localization of DNA topoisomerase-1 isoforms and their roles during Caenorhabditis elegans development
- Cha, DS[Cha, Dong Seok]; Hollis, SE[Hollis, Sarah E.]; Datla, US[Datla, Udaya Sree]; Lee, S[Lee, Sejin]; Ryu, J[Ryu, Jinsun]; Jung, HR[Jung, Hey Rim]; Kim, E[Kim, Eunsuk]; Kim, K[Kim, Kyuhyung]; Lee, M[Lee, Myeongwoo]; Li, C[Li, Chris]; Lee, MH[Lee, Myon-Hee]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, K[Kim, Kyuhyung]
- Issue Date
- Gene Expression Patterns, 12(5-6), 189-195
- Article Type
- Alternative Splicing; Animals; Caenorhabditis Elegans; Caenorhabditis Elegans Proteins; Cell Division; Cell Migration; Cell Nucleus; Cell Proliferation; Cellular Distribution; Chromosomal Segregation; Chromosome Segregation; DNA Topoisomerase; DNA Topoisomerase 1Alpha; DNA Topoisomerase 1Beta; DNA Topoisomerases, Type I; Embryo Cell; Embryo Development; Gene Expression; Gene Function; Genetic Transcription; Germline Development; Gonad Development; Gonads; Green Fluorescent Protein; Immunohistochemistry; Isoenzymes; Nerve Cell Differentiation; Neuron; Non-Human; Priority Journal; Reporter Gene; RNA Immunization; RNA Interference; Sensory Nerve Cell; Topoisomerase-1; Unclassified Drug
- DNA topoisomerase-1 (TOP-1) resolves the topological problems associated with DNA replication, transcription and recombination by introducing temporary single-strand breaks in the DNA. Caenorhabditis elegans TOP-1 has two isoforms, TOP-1α and TOP-1β. TOP-1β is broadly localized to the nuclei of many cells at all developmental stages and concentrated in nucleoli in embryo gut and oogenic cells. However, TOP-1α is specifically localized to centrosomes, neuronal cells, excretory cells and chromosomes of germ cells in embryonic and larval stages. Reporter gene analysis also shows that top-1 transcription is highly activated in several sensory neurons, speculating the possible role of TOP-1α in neuronal development. From RNA interference (RNAi) experiments, we demonstrated that C. elegans TOP-1 is required for chromosomal segregation, germline proliferation and gonadal migration, which are all correlated with the expression and activity of TOP-1. Therefore, our findings may provide an insight into a new role of TOP-1 in development of multicellular organisms. © 2012 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
Kim, Kyu Hyung
The K. Kim Lab of Neurobehavior and Neural Circuits
There are no files associated with this item.
- Brain and Cognitive SciencesETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.