Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
Low-driving-voltage and colour-stable white organic light-emitting diodes with a cross-patterned multi-emissive layer
- Low-driving-voltage and colour-stable white organic light-emitting diodes with a cross-patterned multi-emissive layer
- Hyun, WJ[Hyun, Woo Jin]; Park, JK[Park, Jae Kyun]; Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]; Chin, BD[Chin, Byung Doo]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 45(2)
- Article Type
- Color; Colour Stability; Driving Voltages; Emitting Layer; Light Emission; Low Driving Voltage; Luminous Efficiency; Metal Masks; Optoelectronic Devices; Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs); Recombination Zones; Red, Green and Blues; White Emissions; White Organic Light Emitting Diodes
- We have applied a simple cross-patterning technique for the fabrication of phosphorescent white organic light-emitting diodes (WOLEDs) with red, green and blue (RGB) emitters; the resulting device has relatively low driving voltage and high colour stability. The selectively cross-patterned multicolour emitting layer (EML) was easily prepared using a metal mask without an alignment process. Not only was the characteristic of low driving voltage obtained but also of improved colour stability, which can be ascribed to the simplified stack of the EML and the corresponding suppression of the biased shift in the recombination zone. The spatial distribution and variation of the stacked EML structure could explain the origin of the robust white emission. Compared with the conventional WOLED with a RGB simple stack, the cross-patterned multi-EML device showed a slight change in colour coordinates in the luminance range 1008000cdm 2, with a decrease in the driving voltage of 0.52.0V, while the luminous efficiency was maintained. © 2012 IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Science and EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.