Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Effect of ZnO Layer Thickness on Efficiency of Cu(In,Ga)Se-2 Thin-film Solar Cells
- Effect of ZnO Layer Thickness on Efficiency of Cu(In,Ga)Se-2 Thin-film Solar Cells
- Kim, C[Kim, Chan]; Jo, HJ[Jo, Hyun-Jun]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Son, DH[Son, Dae-Ho]; Lee, DH[Lee, Dong-Ha]; Rhee, I[Rhee, Ilsu]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, C[Kim, Chan]; Jo, HJ[Jo, Hyun-Jun]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Son, DH[Son, Dae-Ho]; Lee, DH[Lee, Dong-Ha]
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 565, 52-58
- Article Type
- Cadmium Compounds; Cadmium Sulfide; Chemical-Bath Deposition; CIGS Thin Films; Co-Evaporation; Co-Evaporations; Cu(In, Ga)Se; Cu(In, Ga)Se2; Efficiency; Electrical Characteristic; Evaporation; Film Thickness; Gallium; I-ZnO; Layer Thickness; Molybdenum; Phase Transitions; RF-Magnetron Sputtering; Semiconducting Selenium Compounds; Soda Lime Glass; Solar Cell; Solar Cells; Thin-Film Solar Cells; Thin-Films; Vapor Deposition; Zinc Oxide; ZnO; ZnO Layers
- The effect of intrinsic ZnO(i-ZnO) layer thickness on the efficiency of Cu(In,Ga)Se 2 (CIGS) thin film solar cells was investigated using ITO/ZnO/CdS/CIGS/Mo structures. CIGS thin films were deposited on Mo-coated soda-lime glass using co-evaporation. CdS buffer layers of about 50nm thickness were then grown by chemical bath deposition on the top of CIGS layer. Finally, the ZnO and ITO layers were deposited using rf-magnetron sputtering, resulting in solar cells with ITO/ZnO/CdS/CIGS/Mo structure. From the optical and electrical characteristics of the solar cells, we found a close relationship between the transmittance of the ZnO layer and the efficiency of the solar cells. Several characteristics improved for solar cells with a 50 nm thick ZnO layer relative to those with both 90 nm thick and no ZnO layer. Therefore, we conclude that the optimum ZnO thickness for CIGS-based solar cells is around 50 nm. © 2012 Kyungil University.
- Taylor and Francis Ltd.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Convergence Research Center for Wellness1. Journal Articles
Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.