Cited 6 time in
Cited 6 time in
Discretisation method and stability criteria for non-linear systems under discrete-time time delay control
- Discretisation method and stability criteria for non-linear systems under discrete-time time delay control
- Jung, JH[Jung, J. H.]; Chang, PH[Chang, P. H.]; Stefanov, D[Stefanov, D.]
- DGIST Authors
- Chang, PH[Chang, P. H.]
- Issue Date
- IET Control Theory and Applications, 5(11), 1264-1276
- Article Type
- Continuous Time; Control Process; Control System Stability; Delay Control Systems; Discrete-Time; Discrete-Time Model; Discrete Event Simulation; Discretisation Method; Discretization Method; Linear Systems; Lyapunov Stability; Non-Linear Systems; Real Applications; Robust Performance; Sampled Data Control Systems; Sampled Data Systems; Sampling Period; Simulation Result; Stability Analysis; Stability Criteria; Time Delay; Time Delay Control
- Time delay control (TDC) for non-linear systems has rapidly drawn attention as a result of its unusually robust performance and yet its extraordinarily compact form. In many real applications, TDC has been implemented digitally and the time delay, λ, was set to the sampling period of the control system, which is a constant during the control process. The existing stability analysis, however, has been made based on the assumption of the continuous-time TDC and infinitesimal time delay (λ→0). The assumption not only fails to reflect the reality that the closed-loop system (CLS) is a sampled-data system, but also leads to a stability criterion in which important parameters, such as λ, are absent. In this paper, therefore, sufficient stability criteria for a non-linear system based on the premise of discrete-time TDC and λ that is equal to the sampling period are presented. To this end, we have first proposed a discretization method to derive the approximate discrete-time model of CLS. Then by using the model and the concepts of consistency and Lyapunov stability, we have derived stability criteria for the exact discrete-time model of CLS. The suggested criteria consist of the sampling period and other parameters of TDC. These criteria have been verified by simulation results. © 2011 The Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringRehabilitation Robotics Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.