Cited 4 time in
Cited 6 time in
Enhanced temperature sensitivity of fiber Bragg grating temperature sensor using thermal expansion of copper tube
- Enhanced temperature sensitivity of fiber Bragg grating temperature sensor using thermal expansion of copper tube
- Lee, CH[Lee, Cherl-Hee]; Kim, MK[Kim, Min-Kuk]; Kim, KT[Kim, Kwang Tack]; Lee, J[Lee, Jonghun]
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, CH[Lee, Cherl-Hee]; Lee, J[Lee, Jonghun]
- Issue Date
- Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 53(7), 1669-1671
- Article Type
- Copper; Copper Tube; Copper Tubes; Cylinders (Shapes); Enhanced; Enhanced Temperature Sensitivity; Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG); Fiber Bragg Gratings; Fiber Optic Components; Fiber Optic Sensors; Fibers; Gluing; High Thermal; Sensors; Temperature; Temperature Sensitivity; Temperature Sensor; Temperature Sensors; Thermal Expansion; Tubes; Tubes (Components)
- The temperature sensitivity of fiber Bragg grating (FBG) temperature sensor is enhanced when using a copper tube to jacket of the FBG.Both sides of the FBG are glued with epoxy to cylindrical ferrules tubes that in turn is inserted and glued to a cylindrical copper tube. As the high thermal expansion coefficient of the cylindrical copper tube pulls both sides of the FBG, the temperature sensitivity is improved 3.3-fold when compared to that of a bare FBG. Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Wiley Blackwell
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Division of IoT∙Robotics Convergence Research1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.