Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Electrostatic Interaction of Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes Composites with CdTe and CdSe Nanoparticles
- Electrostatic Interaction of Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes Composites with CdTe and CdSe Nanoparticles
- Rabbani, MM[Rabbani, Mohammad Mahbub]; Kim, D[Kim, Dukeun]; Kim, HC[Kim, Hyun-Chul]; Ko, CH[Ko, Chang Hyun]; Nam, DG[Nam, Dae-Geun]; Yu, YM[Yu, Young Moon]; Park, YD[Park, Yeong Do]; Oh, W[Oh, Weontae]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, HC[Kim, Hyun-Chul]
- Issue Date
- Metals and Materials International, 17(2), 227-231
- Article Type
- Carbon and Graphite; Composites; Electrochemistry; Nano-Structured Materials
- Composites were prepared by the electrostatic interaction between carboxylated multi-walled carbon nanotubes (c-MWNTs) and either cadmium telluride (CdTe) or cadmium selenide (CdSe) nanoparticles. Multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWNTs) were oxidized by an aqueous acid mixture, and both the CdTe and CdSe nanoparticles were stabilized by 2-(dimethylamino) ethanethiol hydrochloride in water to develop negatively and positively charged outer surfaces, respectively. Optical properties were investigated by UV/Vis and photoluminescence (PL) analyses. CdX (X = Te, or Se) nanoparticles showed emissions at the same position regardless of the existence of c-MWNTs. This result suggests that the interaction between CdX and c-MWNTs does not affect the photoluminescence of CdX nanoparticles in their composites. The binding energies and redox potential positions of the CdX nanoparticles in their c-MWNT-CdX composites shifted from those of the pure nanoparticles. These changes indicate that the electron densities on the interfaces of CdX nanoparticles and c-MWNTs were redistributed after the formation of composites due to the strong electrostatic interaction between the components. © KIM and Springer.
- Korean Institute of Metals and Materials
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Magnetic-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.