Cited 5 time in
Cited 6 time in
Dual Surgical Navigation Using Augmented and Virtual Environment Techniques
- Dual Surgical Navigation Using Augmented and Virtual Environment Techniques
- Kim, S[Kim, Sungmin]; Hong, J[Hong, Jaesung]; Joung, S[Joung, Sanghyun]; Yamada, A[Yamada, Atsushi]; Matsumoto, N[Matsumoto, Nozomu]; Kim, SI[Kim, Sun I.]; Kim, YS[Kim, Young Soo]; Hashizume, M[Hashizume, Makoto]
- DGIST Authors
- Hong, J[Hong, Jaesung]
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Optomechatronics, 5(2), 155-169
- Article Type
- Augmented Reality; Clinical Application; Endoscopic Image; Endoscopic Surgery; Endoscopy; Image-Guided Surgery; Navigation; Navigation Software; Navigation Systems; Phantom Experiment; Plug-Ins; Spatial Relationships; Surgical Equipment; Surgical Navigation; Surgical Navigation Systems; Surgical Tools; Target Organs; Transplantation (Surgical); Virtual Reality; Visual Information
- To obtain additional depth and visual information in endoscopic surgery, a dual surgical navigation system using virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) techniques complementarily was developed. A VR environment was constructed in the default 3-D view of the navigation software and an AR environment was developed as a plug-in module. The spatial relationships among the target organ, endoscope, and surgical tools were visualized, and the visual information superimposing invisible organs on the endoscopic images was supplied using the AR environment. Phantom experiments and preliminary clinical application showed promising results for surgical navigation. © Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
- Taylor and Francis Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.