Cited 6 time in
Cited 7 time in
Effects of the Surface Roughness on Optical Properties of CdS Thin Films
- Effects of the Surface Roughness on Optical Properties of CdS Thin Films
- Kim, MJ[Kim, Maeng Jun]; Kim, HT[Kim, Hong Tak]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin Kyu]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae Hwan]; Lee, DH[Lee, Dong Ha]; Lee, SH[Lee, Sung Ho]; Sohn, SH[Sohn, Sang Ho]
- DGIST Authors
- Kang, JK[Kang, Jin Kyu]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae Hwan]; Lee, DH[Lee, Dong Ha]
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 532, 437-444
- Article Type
- Atomic Force Microscopy; Cadmium Compounds; Cadmium Sulfide; CdS; CdS Thin Films; CdTe; Chemical-Bath Deposition Methods; Correlation Factors; Deposition; Diffuse; Display Devices; Integrating Spheres; ITO Glass; Long Wavelength; Metal Analysis; Optical Properties; Optical Property; RMS Roughness; Roughness; Spectral; Spectral Transmittance; Spheres; Surface Morphology; Surface Properties; Surface Roughness; Thin-Film Solar Cells; Thin-Films; Thioureas; Urea; Vapor Deposition; Window Layer
- The effects of surface roughness on the optical properties of CdS thin film was investigated using RMS roughness measurements. CdS thin films for a window layer of the CdTe thin film solar cell were grown on ITO glass by a chemical bath deposition method with varying thiourea (CS(NH2)2) mole concentration. The surface roughness of the CdS thin film was measured by Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM). After obtaining the correlation factor between the RMS roughness and the difference in the diffused transmittance and the spectral transmittance by using the integrating sphere, we investigated the effect of surface morphology on the transmittance in all CdS thin films. It is obtained that the higher RMS value the specimen has, the more difference between the diffused transmittance and the spectral transmittance is measured. Moreover, the difference is evident at the long wavelength region. Copyright © Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
- Taylor and Francis Ltd.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Wellness1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.