Cited 11 time in
Cited 12 time in
Preparation and characterization of dye-intercalated Zn-Al-layered double hydroxide and its surface modification by silica coating
- Preparation and characterization of dye-intercalated Zn-Al-layered double hydroxide and its surface modification by silica coating
- Hwang, SH[Hwang, Sung-Ho]; Jung, SC[Jung, Sang-Chul]; Yoon, SM[Yoon, Seon-Mi]; Kim, DK[Kim, Dong-Kuk]
- DGIST Authors
- Hwang, SH[Hwang, Sung-Ho]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, 69(5-6), 1061-1065
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- The new organic-inorganic hybrid pigments have been prepared via the direct co-precipitation method involving the simultaneous formation of the inorganic layers of Zn-Al (3: 1) the layered double hydroxide (LDH) and intercalation of the anionic dye species. Intercalation of bulky colored organic anions into Zn/Al LDH caused the interlayer spacing of LDH to increase from 4.8 to 18.7-24.3 angstrom. Intercalation compounds have high optical selectivity and purity due to the spatial confinement. In this study, the shape of hybrid material was controlled by the synthetic method and the shape of anion dye. Then they were subsequently surrounded by homogeneous silica shell by the coating procedure containing hydrolysis of tetraethyl orthosilicate (TEOS). The acid treatment for the above silicacoated particles led to the selective removal of Zn-Al hydroxide inorganic lattices, resulting in the low-density hybrid pigment of molecular dyes encapsulated in silica hollow sphere. (c) 2007 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier Ltd
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.