Cited 10 time in
Cited 9 time in
Effects of a magnetic field on the copper metallization using the electroplating process
- Effects of a magnetic field on the copper metallization using the electroplating process
- Park, BN[Park, Byung-Nam]; Sohn, YS[Sohn, Young-Soo]; Choi, SY[Choi, Sie-Young]
- DGIST Authors
- Sohn, YS[Sohn, Young-Soo]
- Issue Date
- Microelectronic Engineering, 85(2), 308-314
- Article Type
- Arsenic Compounds; Copper; Copper Films; Copper Metallization; Copper Plating; Cu Metallization; Cu(Ti) Film; Electro Plating Process; Electrochemistry; Electrodes; Electroplated Copper Films; Electroplating; Gap Filling; Health; Magnetic (CE); Magnetic Field; Magnetic Field Effects; Magnetic Field Measurement; Magnetic Fields; Magnetic Materials; Magnetism; Metallic Films; Metallizing; Optical Waveguides; Photoresists; Scale (Deposits); Square Pulses; Step Coverage; Vapor Deposition
- We investigated the effects of a magnetic field on the electroplated copper films for the ULSI processes. The magnetic field was induced vertical to the electrodes and varied ranging from 0 to 600 G. The electroplating process was performed with on-off square pulse current source. The variation of the magnetic field vertical to the electrodes affected the deposition rate of the electroplated copper film, step coverage and gap filling in trench. As the intensity of the magnetic field increased, the deposition rate of the copper film increased, and also the resistance of electromigration increased. However, the magnetic field did not affect resistivity and surface morphology of the electroplated Cu film. At higher intensity of the magnetic field, good step coverage was obtained. © 2007 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- School of Undergraduate Studies1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.