Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
CP-OCT sensor guided SMART micro-forceps
- CP-OCT sensor guided SMART micro-forceps
- Song, Cheol; Gehlbach, Peter L.; Kang, Jin U.
- DGIST Authors
- Song, Cheol
- Issue Date
- Optical Fibers and Sensors for Medical Diagnostics and Treatment Applications XIV, 8938
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Even the most stable hands have unintended movements on the order of 50-100 microns within 0-15 Hz. Micro-forceps are one of the frequently used microsurgical tools used to grasp thin layers of tissue during microsurgery. Here, a handheld Smart Micromanipulation Aided Robotic-surgery Tool (SMART) micro-forceps is developed by integrating a fiber-optic common-path optical coherence tomography (CP-OCT) sensor into the micro-forceps. This forceps design could significantly improve performance by canceling unwanted hand tremor during the moment of a grasping. The basic grasping and peeling functions of the micro-forceps are evaluated in dry phantoms and in a biological tissue model. © 2014 SPIE.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.