Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Mode definition and operation strategies for secondary battery assisted hybrid-type DMFC systems
- Mode definition and operation strategies for secondary battery assisted hybrid-type DMFC systems
- Lee, SangCheol; Chang, JangSook; Lee, S.M.; Park, Ju H.
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, SangCheol; Chang, JangSook
- Issue Date
- 2010 8th IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation, ICCA 2010, 1944-1948
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In relatively small allowable volume fuel cells are unable to provide the average power and essentially high peak power demanded by specific electric load. Hybrid-type direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC) systems composed of fuel cells and secondary batteries could combine the high power density of clean fuel cells and the high energy density of convenient batteries which exist already within the original system. This paper presents a study on operational strategies for passive power sharing in such a hybrid fuel cell/battery power source and external adaptor. We define the eight operational modes and specify the condition on which the mode transitions occur. Also, emergency mode is defined and activated at each abnormal condition. To implementation purpose four electric switches are appended at specific power paths, i.e. fuel cell stack output, secondary battery output, electric load input, and charger input. © 2010 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.