Cited 1 time in
Cited 0 time in
Vortex circulation patterns in planar microdisk arrays
- Vortex circulation patterns in planar microdisk arrays
- Velten, Sven; Streubel, Robert; Farhan, Alan; Kent, Noah; Im, Mi-Young; Scholl, Andreas; Dhuey, Scott; Behncke, Carolin; Meier, Guido; Fischer, Peter
- DGIST Authors
- Im, Mi-Young
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Letters, 110(26)
- Article Type
- Artificial Spin Ice; Filmshoneycomb Structures; Flux Closure State; Honeycomb Lattices; Magnetic X Ray Microscopy; Magnetostatic Interactions; Magnetostatics; Micromagnetic Simulations; Nucleation Process; Pattern Formation; Skyrmions; Vortex Circulation; Vortex Flow
- We report a magnetic X-ray microscopy study of the pattern formation of circulation in arrays of magnetic vortices ordered in a hexagonal and a honeycomb lattice. In the honeycomb lattice, we observe at remanence an ordered phase of alternating circulations, whereas in the hexagonal lattice, small regions of alternating lines form. A variation in the edge-to-edge distance shows that the size of those regions scales with the magnetostatic interaction. Micromagnetic simulations reveal that the patterns result from the formation of flux closure states during the nucleation process. © 2017 Author(s).
- American Institute of Physics Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.