Cited 1 time in
Cited 0 time in
Ultra-thin films with highly absorbent porous media fine-tunable for coloration and enhanced color purity
- Ultra-thin films with highly absorbent porous media fine-tunable for coloration and enhanced color purity
- Yoo, Young Jin; Lim, Jin Ha; Lee, Gil Ju; Jang, Kyung-In; Song, Young Min
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, Kyung-In
- Issue Date
- Nanoscale, 9(9), 2986-2991
- Article Type
- Angle Independent; Coatings; Color; Color Representation; Controlled Porosity; Dielectric Layer; E Beam Evaporation; Germanium; Glancing Angle Deposition; Layers Absorption; Oblique Angle Deposition; Optical Coatings; Porous Materials; Reflectance Spectrum; Substrates; Thin Films; Ultra Thin Film Coatings; Ultra Thin Films
- We demonstrate ultra-thin, fine-tunable optical coatings with enhanced color purity based on highly absorbent porous media on a metal substrate. We show that the color range provided by these ultra-thin film coatings can be extended by making the absorptive dielectric layer porous. Oblique angle deposition (OAD) of a thin (10-25 nm) germanium (Ge) film by e-beam evaporation onto a thick gold substrate yields controlled porosity. Reflectance spectra and color representations from both calculations and experiments verify the enhancement of resonance tunability and color purity in the nano-tailored coatings. Angle independent reflection properties, and the applicability of such porous Ge on various metal substrates, indicate the strength of these concepts. © 2017 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
Jang, Kyung In
Bio-embedded Electronics Lab
Extreme mechanics; Stand-alone electronics; Heterogeneous materials; Biocompatible interfaces
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.