Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Thermo-sensitive assembly of the biomaterial REP reduces hematoma volume following collagenase-induced intracerebral hemorrhage in rats
- Thermo-sensitive assembly of the biomaterial REP reduces hematoma volume following collagenase-induced intracerebral hemorrhage in rats
- Park, Joohyun; Kim, Jong Youl; Choi, Seong-Kyoon; Kim, Jae Young; Kim, Jae Hwan; Jeon, Won Bae; Lee, Jong Eun
- DGIST Authors
- Jeon, Won Bae
- Issue Date
- Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine, 13(6), 1853-1862
- Article Type
- Elastin; Elastin Like Polypeptide; Elastin Like Polypeptides; Glycoproteins; Inflammatory Response; Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH); Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH); Intracerebral Hemorrhages (ICH); Nanomaterial; Nano Structured Materials; Polypeptides; Rgd Containing Elastin Like Polypeptide; Severe Disabilities; Therapeutic Strategy; Thermally Responsive; Tumors; Von Willebrand Factor
- Intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) frequently results in severe disabilities and high mortality. RGD-containing elastin-like polypeptide (REP), a modified elastin-like polypeptide (ELP), is a thermally responsive biopolymer. REP has high affinity for cells and is known to show non-immunotoxicity, -cytotoxicity, and -inflammatory responses. Here we found that administration of REP in the acute phase of the ICH rat model reduced the hematoma volume, decreased the number of activated microglia, attenuated the expression of von Willebrand Factor (vWF), and prevented the leakage of immunoglobulin G (IgG) into the cerebral parenchyma without any occlusion of intact microvessels. Therefore, the present data suggest that REP treatment could be a novel therapeutic strategy for attenuating the acute phase of ICH. © 2017 The Author(s)
- Elsevier Inc.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.