Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Geometric Spin Frustration in Zn1-xNixCr2O4 System
- Geometric Spin Frustration in Zn1-xNixCr2O4 System
- Khan, A.; Kaneko, H.; Faruk, M.O.; Alam, M.K.; Kim, C.; Naher, S.; Suzuki, H.
- DGIST Authors
- Alam, M.K.; Kim, C.
- Issue Date
- 18th International Conference on Strongly Correlated Electron Systems, SCES 2016, 807(4)
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Crystal Structure; Geometric Frustration; Geometrical Frustrations; Geometry; Low Temperature X Ray Diffraction; Magnetometers; Nickel; Quantum Electronics; Quantum Fluctuation; Spin Fluctuations; Spin Frustrations; Spinel Compounds; Squid Magnetometers; Temperature; Tetragonal Phase; X Ray Diffraction; Zinc (Zn)
- At room temperature, the cubic spinel ZnCr2O4 is known as the typical geometrically frustrated spin system. Upon cooling this compound undergoes a crystal structure change driven by removing the frustrated degenerated states, accompanying with the magnetic ordering. In the tetragonal phase the c-axis is larger than the a-axis. Another spinel compound NiCr2O4 takes the cubic structure above 310 K. Below 310 K NiCr2O4 is tetragonally distorted (c/a < 1) due to cooperative Jahn-Teller ordering. In the previous reports, the geometrical frustrated spin fluctuations still exist in NiCr2O4. In this report we investigated how the geometrical frustration changes and how the ratio of the crystal axis, c/a changes in Zn1-xNixCr2O4 system by the low temperature x-ray diffraction measurement and the SQUID magnetometer.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
Kim, Cheol Gi
Lab for NanoBio-MatErials & SpinTronics(nBEST)
Magnetic Materials and Spintronics; Converging Technology of Nanomaterials and Biomaterials; Bio-NEMS;MEMS
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLab for NanoBio-Materials & SpinTronics(nBEST)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.