Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Piezoelectric/magnetostrictive MEMS resonant sensor array for in-plane multi-axis magnetic field detection
- Piezoelectric/magnetostrictive MEMS resonant sensor array for in-plane multi-axis magnetic field detection
- Kim, Hoe Joon; Wang, Sibo; Xu, Changting; Laughlin, David; Zhu, Jingxi; Piazza, Gianluca
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Hoe Joon
- Issue Date
- 30th IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems, MEMS 2017, 109-112
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- This paper reports the demonstration of an array of piezoelectric/magnetostrictive micro electromechanical system (MEMS) magnetic resonant sensors (PM-MRS) for multi-axis magnetic field (H-field) detection. An array of 43 MHz aluminum nitride (AlN) piezoelectric resonators vibrating along different in-plane directions (θ) but coated with a magnetostrictive layer (Fe65.6Co9.4B25) with the same easy axis (EZ) exhibit unique mechanical/electrical responses as a function of the applied H-field and its direction, enabling a high resolution multi-axis H-field detection. The sensor design yields resonators with a high quality factor (Q ∼ 1500) and electromechanical coupling coefficient (kt 2 ∼ 2%) - the highest value ever reported for an AlN PM-MRS. This sensor system paves the way for low power magnetometers that enables single-chip multi-axis H-field detection. © 2017 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Kim, Hoe Joon
Nano Materials and Devices Lab
MEMS/NEMS; Micro/Nano Sensors; Piezoelectric Devices; Nanomaterials; Heat Transfer; Atomic Force Microscope
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringNano Materials and Devices Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.