Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Retardation of charge recombination between hole conductors and TiCl4:BaCl2-Modified photoelectrodes in TiO2-Based Solar Cells
- Retardation of charge recombination between hole conductors and TiCl4:BaCl2-Modified photoelectrodes in TiO2-Based Solar Cells
- Kim, Myung Hwan; Shin, Dong-Won; Lee, Se Won; Kwak, Giseop; Lee, Sang-Ju; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Sung, Shi-Joon; Han, Yoon Soo
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Sang-Ju; Kim, Dae-Hwan
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 17(11), 8144-8148
- Article Type
- BaCl2; Barium Titanate; Charge Recombinations; Dye Sensitized Solar Cells (DSCs); Dye Sensitized Solar Cells (DSCs); Efficiency; Electrochemical Impedance; Mixed Overlayer; Open Circuit Voltage; Photo Injected Electrons; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Solar Cells; Solutions; Surface Modification; Surface Treatment; TiCl4; Ultraviolet Visible Absorption
- The effects of a mixed overlayer composed of TiO2 and BaTiO3 on the performance of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs) were investigated. The surfaces of TiO2 photoelectrode films were modified with TiCl4:BaCl2 mixed aqueous solutions with various molar ratios and then calcined to produce surface-modified TiO2 photoelectrodes (Ti:Ba–TiO2/FTO). The resulting films were applied to the photoelectrodes of DSSCs. The DSSCs with Ti:Ba(3:7)–TiO2/FTO, which were prepared from a mixed solution with a molar ratio of 3:7 (TiCl4:BaCl2, showed a power conversion efficiency of 8.99% compared with theDelivered 8.23% conversion by Ingenta efficiency to: Elsevier of the BV reference cell with Ti:Ba(10:0)–TiO2/FTO(i.e., a TiO2-only overlayer), due to enhancements in the short-circuit current (Jsc)and the open-circuit voltage (Voc. A) series of measurements, including those on ultraviolet-visible absorption, electrochemical impedance, and dark currents, revealed that the incorporation of the mixed overlayer on the nanoporous TiO2 photoelectrodes led to improvements in the light harvesting efficiency and the electron collection efficiency, thereby increasing the Jsc value. The increase in the Voc value of the device with Ti:Ba(3:7)-TiO2/FTO was caused by the reduced charge recombination between the photo-injected electrons and I3 − ions. Copyright © 2017 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved
- American Scientific Publishers
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.