Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Development of Force Observer in Series Elastic Actuator for Dynamic Control
- Development of Force Observer in Series Elastic Actuator for Dynamic Control
- Park, Yongsu; Paine, Nicholas; Oh, Sehoon
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Yongsu; Oh, Sehoon
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- Article Type
- Article in Press
- Actuators; Deformation; Dynamics; Force; Force Estimation; Impedance Control; Load Dynamics; Load Modeling; Observers; Robots; Sea Measurements; Series Elastic Actuator; Series Elastic Actuators; Springs; Springs (Components)
- Recently, Series Elastic Actuator (SEA) has emerged as a potential actuator system for various robotic applications where safe and precise interactive force control is required. Even though lots of research has been conducted on the mechanical/controller design and development of applications for SEAs, accurate force observation issue has not been highlighted much. Only the simple law, that is, the spring in SEA can measure interactive force has been repeatedly mentioned and utilized. However, this is not true when the load side dynamics affects the spring deformation significantly. This paper tackles this problem by demonstrating imprecise force observation of the spring deformation and proposing two types of external force observers to address the problem. IEEE
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Oh, Se Hoon
MCL(Motion Control Lab)
Research on Human-friendly motion control; Development of human assistance;rehabilitation system; Design of robotic system based on human musculoskeletal system; Analysis of human walking dynamics and its application to robotics; 친인간적인 운동제어 설계연구; 인간 보조;재활 시스템의 설계 및 개발연구; 인간 근골격계에 기초한 로봇기구 개발연구; 보행운동 분석과 모델 및 로봇기구에의 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.