Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Dist-gem5: Distributed simulation of computer clusters
- Dist-gem5: Distributed simulation of computer clusters
- Mohammad, Alian; Darbaz, Umur; Dozsa, Gabor; Diestelhorst, Stephan; Kim, Daehoon; Kim, Nam Sung
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Daehoon
- Issue Date
- 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software, ISPASS 2017, 153-162
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- When analyzing a distributed computer system, we often observe that the complex interplay among processor, node, and network sub-systems can profoundly affect the performance and power efficiency of the distributed computer system. Therefore, to effectively cross-optimize hardware and software components of a distributed computer system, we need a full-system simulation infrastructure that can precisely capture the complex interplay. Responding to the aforementioned need, we present dist-gem5, a flexible, detailed, and open-source full-system simulation infrastructure that can model and simulate a distributed computer system using multiple simulation hosts. Then we validate dist-gem5 against a physical cluster and show that the latency and bandwidth of the simulated network sub-system are within 18% of the physical one. Compared with the single threaded and parallel versions of gem5, dist-gem5 speeds up the simulation of a 63-node computer cluster by 83.1× and 12.8×, respectively. © 2017 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Kim, Dae Hoon
Computer architecture and Systems Lab
Computer Architecture and Systems; Virtualization; Cloud Computing
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringComputer Architecture and Systems Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.