Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Highway reservation strategy: Analytical modeling approach
- Highway reservation strategy: Analytical modeling approach
- Su, Peng; Park, Brian B.; Son, Sang H.
- DGIST Authors
- Son, Sang H.
- Issue Date
- 3rd International Conference on Vehicle Technology and Intelligent Transport Systems, VEHITS 2017, 252-259
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Inspired by the success of reservation systems in airlines industries, and the Connected Vehicle technology supporting vehicular communications, this paper investigated a highway reservation and developed a mathematical optimization formulation to solve the optimal trip scheduling plan for a traffic network. The performance was quantified by total monetary cost of travel time and applicable early arrival time or late arrival time. In the two numerical case studies with an assumption of 100% compliance of the users to the reservation system's scheduling, the system cost was 24.1% and 21.7% lower than those of the two corresponding user equilibrium solutions. The reservation system effectively redistributed the peak hour demand to the non-peak hours by limiting the reservation maximum flow rate of the reservation links. Copyright © 2017 by SCITEPRESS-Science and Technology Publications, Lda. All rights reserved.
- Related Researcher
Son, Sang Hyuk
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab
Real-time system; Wireless sensor network; Cyber-physical system; Data and event service; Information security; 실시간 임베디드 시스템
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.