Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Review of Near-Field Wireless Power and Communication for Biomedical Applications
- Review of Near-Field Wireless Power and Communication for Biomedical Applications
- Kim, Han-Joon; Hirayama, Hiroshi; Kim, Sanghoek; Han, Ki-Jin; Zhang, Rui; Choi, Ji-Woong
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Han-Joon; Choi, Ji-Woong
- Issue Date
- IEEE Access, 5, 21264-21285
- Article Type
- Absorption; Couplings; Dental prostheses; Energy transfer; Implants (surgical); Information management; Medical applications; Near field communication; Radio frequency identification (RFID); Water absorption; Wireless networks; Wireless sensor networks; Wireless telecommunication systems; Biomedical applications; Communication system security; Implantable devices; Wireless communications; Wireless power; Data communication systems
- Near-field magnetic wireless systems have distinct advantages over their conventional far-field counterparts in water-rich environments, such as underwater, underground, and in biological tissues, due to lower power absorption. This paper presents a comprehensive review of near-field magnetic wireless power transfer (WPT) and communication technologies in a variety of applications from general free-space systems, to implantable biomedical devices we find of particular interest. To implement a fully wirelessly-powered implantable system, both high-efficiency power transfer and high-rate data communication are essential. This paper first presents the history and the fundamentals of near-field WPT and communication in free-space systems, followed by technical details for their specific use in implantable biomedical devices. Finally, this paper reviews recent advances in simultaneous wireless information and power transfer (SWIPT) and highlights their applications in implantable biomedical systems. The knowledge reviewed in the paper could provide intuition in the design of various wireless and mobile systems such as wireless body area networks, small-cell 5G cellular, as well as in-body biomedical applications, especially for efficient power and data management and higher security. OAPA
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Choi, Ji Woong
CSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab
Communication System; Signal Processing; Communication Circuit Design; 생체 신호 통신 및 신호 처리; 뇌-기계 인터페이스(BMI); 차세대 교차계층 통신 및 신호 처리; 5G 모바일 통신
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringCSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.